Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chemo Has Begun Again

Mom had her first day of chemo yesterday.  I haven't heard yet how it went, so I don't really have any news other than I know that they went to Cincinnati, and I assume it went well.  It's old hat by now.  :)

One thing I learned since the last post that I wanted to share is that Dr. Rixe is looking at other possibilities besides the current chemo regimen, not because it is not working but because, as he says, "It's so toxic."  So if he could lower the dose or use something other than chemo, it might be better.  I think it is wise for him to avoid overkill and be open to other options.  He plans to present her case to the tumor board again soon, so I am eager to hear what they discuss.

I will let you know how things are going in Cincinnati as soon as I hear.

In the meantime, be well,
jk

No comments:

Post a Comment