Monday, January 21, 2013

Surgery Tomorrow

Hello everybody,

So the spot in the cerebellum that they had been watching was growing enough that the team decided it was time to take action.  All agreed that surgery was the best route, even Dr. Rixe, whom mom and dad consulted in Georgia, despite the fact that she has zero symptoms (no loss of balance or coordination) and is doing very well clinically.

Mom has been a little anxious leading up to the surgery, as we all have been, but she is eager to have it done.  One great benefit of doing the surgery is that the doctors will be able to biopsy the "spot" and then we'll know what it is.  Today she was more calm and very focused on getting everything done so as not to delay surgery.  There was a problem with the MRI machine at the place where it had originally been scheduled, but they were able to reschedule at a different location.

MRI was achieved this afternoon.  Mom and Dad will spend the night in Cincinnati, where they will be joined by Cindy (mom's sister) and Tom and Melinda (dad's brother and sister-in-law).  Surgery is scheduled for 7:00am tomorrow morning.

I plan to light a candle at that time and keep it burning until the surgery is over.  Feel free to join me in my little vigil if you'd like, or just send light and love in any form that you wish.

I will post again as soon as I know something tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,
jk

7 comments:

  1. I love your family. Rosie and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get the Cruz Crew (both my wife and kids as well as my extended family) to say a prayer for your mother and all of you. Have faith in these times. We tend to question our faith in rough times when they are needed the most. I'm sure God will lay his hands on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cruz!! Now that's power. We so appreciate it. I am trying to have faith. Thanks for the reminder. My candle is lit next to my little Virgin Mary statue. I figured as a mother she'd be the best one for the job. Love and hugs to all of you.

      Delete
  3. Love to your family. Prayers and thoughts of hope coming your way at 7am this morning.

    ReplyDelete