Friday, July 23, 2010

Healing Rays

Yesterday, as she was getting ready to go to Cincinnati for her first session of radiation, my mom said, "Today is my first day of healing rays." I loved that image and plan to keep it in mind throughout this marathon of treatment.

Speaking of which, the first round of radiation went quite well. Sister Natalie reported that the whole thing was over in about fifteen minutes. To our surprise, they decided to admit mom a day earlier than we had expected to hydrate her before her chemo treatment which will begin today. She will stay in the hospital tonight, tomorrow night, and possibly Sunday evening, depending on how things go.

We are all encouraged by the swift response of the medical team to her waning vision. It seemed to light a fire under everyone.

Also, Mom gets her PET scan today, as well as radiation session #2. We'll keep you posted. Thank you for all your continued thoughts and prayers. They seem to be working!!

Much love,
jk

9 comments:

  1. thank you so much for starting this, Jill. I will come daily for updates. it will help me to stop calling my mom multiple times a day for updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers, thoughts, and well wishes are with our dear friend, Ms. Rosie. We love you, Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you set this up! I will come here often for updates. I continue to send lots of prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you set this up! We will check in often for updates :) Our prayers, hugs and love :)
    Michele and "Vincent"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in our thoughts and prayers! I'll always remember how you helped me with Alison:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and the whole Kelly family tonight... sending healing thoughts your way! Love you all!

    Jake, Meghan and Little Q Teske

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of all of you , and sending prayers and hugs your way each day.
    Linda Scully (Cordes)

    ReplyDelete