Monday, February 24, 2014

Rough Week, Better Weekend

Hello friendly friends,

Just wanted to let you know that last week was rough.  After being intolerably sick while taking the Trental, the doctor OK'ed going off of it for two weeks to see if that was the cause of the nausea.  Well, the nausea seemed to be the same or even a little worse after stopping the Trental, which was discouraging.  Plus, Mom didn't seem to even want to eat or be up off the couch much (can you blame her?) because she was feeling so sick.  It was to the point where it was beginning to be cause for alarm.

Thankfully, Saturday and Sunday were much better.  She ate a little more and kept it all down (more than a small victory!) and perked up enough to actually have dinner at the table.  Another victory.  Emeka and I had a couple of events to attend, and I was worried it might be too much for them to keep the kids, but if anything it seems to have had a positive effect.  The power of grandkids.  I was saying something to that effect, something like: "You guys worked your magic," and Esphyr's head jerked around to look at me with eyebrows raised, her voice rising too: "You mean we have magic inside us?"  Yes, my dear.  That is what I mean.  Kid Power-- learned it from a certain clown I know.

So I began the weekend near despair and am coming out of it feeling a little encouraged, hoping today is another good one for Mama Rose and that tomorrow Dr. Brenneman will have some useful piece of information for us.  I'll let you know what he has to say.

Happy last week of February,
jk

PS Mom has started to get some fun mail.  Thanks to the senders!  It really does brighten her day.

No comments:

Post a Comment