Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back to Cincinnati

As some of you may already know, this past week has been pretty rough.  Mom has been a little out of it-- confused isn't exactly the right word.  But at least most of the week, she was eating well and fairly content.  Dr. Rixe decided to reintroduce steroids on Friday, thinking they would help reduce any swelling in the brain and therefore help clear up her thinking a bit.  It seemed to be working.  She even ventured out of the house and paid us a visit at our downtown house, which was a rare treat.  She seemed more lucid than she had been Friday and Saturday.  Her interactions with the kids were just beautiful. 

But yesterday and today, she wasn't wanting to eat.  She had blood work done and her potassium was low, so they gave her something for that, and then she had another urinary tract infection, so they gave her something for that as well.  But she hasn't wanted to take her meds either, so tonight, dad decided it would be best to head back to Cincinnati so they could help and monitor her in the hospital.  He's worried that she may have more seizures (as she did after the second round of chemo).  I am relieved that they will be supported by the wonderful UC staff.  This stuff is no joke.  It's impossible to go it alone, so I am glad they are not trying to. 

They are en route to the hospital now.  I will post again as soon as I know more.

Love to all,
jk

5 comments:

  1. Jill,
    Just read your post.. Praying praying for your mother! That this is only another bump, small bump in the road to a full recovery! Tell Natalie and Ali Hi for me! I know all you girls want is for your mother to be healthy and live the life she loves! Sometimes it just takes time before we get what we want!
    xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nicole! I will tell them you said hi. Your support means so much. xoxo, jk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I haven't been very "visible" through this ordeal but I'm holding all of you close to my heart and keeping Rosie in my prayers. Thank you for keeping us up to date. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, sending serious prayers Rosie and Paul's way. Yours too hon. Give everyone hugs when you see them. Take care and stay strong.

    Love, the Otts

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of love to you and your mom and your family, JK.

    ReplyDelete