Thursday, October 21, 2010

Home Tonight!

Just wanted to do a quick post to report that mom was able to come home tonight.  I met them as they pulled up and was able to tuck mom into bed.  We had the most wonderful talk.  She is doing amazingly well.  I couldn't help but notice a quote she had taped to the wall (long before any of this started):  "The heart that gives, gathers."  She is certainly proving the truth of those words now.  Ah.  She is such a blessing to so many, but especially to me, today, on my birthday.  She told me happy birthday again as I was leaving and thanked me for being her daughter. 

"It's a hard job, isn't it?" she said.

"Absolutely not," I said back.  "You did all the work."

Lots of love,
jk

2 comments:

  1. This made me cry - this time, in a good way. Thanks, Jill. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet and moving post. Happy birthday, Jill.

    ReplyDelete