Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Talked with Mom this Morning

Mom called me this morning!! I can't tell you how great this made me feel. She was so bubbly and talkative. It was as if she had been asleep for a long time and had had really crazy dreams and needed to tell someone about it. She told me all the craziness but laughed about it. And she was reading and rereading the quilt and just loving it and soaking up all the love. She just sounded so much like herself, it was great. It made my whole day. I'm comparing this to when I saw her Sunday, and it was so difficult for her to get a sentence out. Also, her voice had sounded so low-- like her, but an octave down (well, maybe not quite that low). But today, she was back "up." Hooray! The beautiful day seemed to mirror my feelings. I felt so at peace after talking to her.

And it was a good day to celebrate for other reasons: Harlan and Daniel drove off to Bloomington in a stuffed-to-the-gills car with Dad this morning. We saw them off. Esphyr told Daniel to be careful. :)

Lots to be thankful for,
jk

7 comments:

  1. PS She also went to radiation today, so we are back on track with her regular treatments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Great news all around. Thanks one more time for the regular updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to hear ..hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful news!!!!Thank you so much for the updates Jill. I will look forward to the next post!! Tell Ms. Rosie to keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news Jill! Thanks so much for letting us know all the news. It is so difficult not knowing what is going on. Do you think she will stay in the hospital for a while and if so can we send cards to her there? Thanks again and our love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, this is the address I found online for the hospital: University Hospital, 234 Goodman Street, Cincinnati, OH, 45219. She is on the eighth floor, and you should address it to "Anne Kelly." She will be there at least until the weekend, so that should be enough time for a card to get there. I will also double check tomorrow to see what the best way to send mail is. Good question!

    ReplyDelete