Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Two Down, One Chemo to Go!

So the weekend went well. I ended up going Friday (solo) and Sunday (whole fam). Mom was very focused on Friday. In fact, that was her mantra: "I need to stay focused" or "You guys help me stay focused." I'd say she was doing alright. :)

Sunday she seemed more relaxed. As Sonny and I walked in, there was a heavenly sound of chanting. Brenda Templeton had given her some chant CD's and they were awesome. Also, the hospital staff is awesome. They were always willing to answer questions. And mom got to talk to the chaplain and the priest. She also received communion Sunday morning. All that seemed to put her even more at peace. Allie came in Thursday night and stayed all weekend. She is back in Cincinnati tonight and tomorrow with mom for radiation and another MRI.

Mom is tired and resting hard. They met with Dr. Guarnaschelli today, so as soon as I get an update about that, I'll pass it along.

Thanks to everyone who is praying and pitching in. Special thanks this post go to the Heitzes, who are organizing "Red Pepper for Ms. Rosie" Day this Thursday from 10am to 8pm. Hope to see some of you there!!

Love,
jk

1 comment:

  1. Rosie, Paul and family, know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. All of this news sounds very encouraging!
    Love, Kathy & Eddy Barber

    ReplyDelete